Bleach - Beyond the Dark

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world has changed. Five Hundred years have come and gone and the battles of old have fallen into myth and legend. Now something is stirring beyond the veil, something that has not awoken in a millennia past. The world has changed.....

2 posters

Dust on the Floor (Spire)

Artemis
    Artemis

Dust on the Floor (Spire) Empty Dust on the Floor (Spire)

Post by Artemis Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:09 pm

The dust from the inside of the old building was undisturbed early morning sunlight flowed in through the grime covered window, as the old dragon looked in the door his eyes empty and dead to the world. It has been ten years since I last opened the door of this sacred ground I can’t believe that I ever even considered giving up being a teacher of the old ways. Artemis’ face was grim as he searched his pocket for the key; finding it he slid it into the lock and frowned as the lock stuck at first. A low growl echoed in the empty street as he pulled the key out and pushed one of his claws into the lock feeling the pins and pushing the up one by one before turning the entire knob pushing the old fashioned door open.

The dust plumed as the stale air rushed out the door only to be replaced with the cool air of the morning, the smell of dust hit Artemis full in the face. Quickly he drew his hand to his face covering his nose and mouth out of reflex, but just as quickly realized it was exactly as he saw it, dust, and nothing more. “Too many years working with the agency has made paranoid you old fool.” Artemis chastised himself as he made his way back towards his old office and pushed open the door.

A giant empty desk greeted him; though it was empty he could clearly recall the mess that always occupied it when he would spend his days and most nights here. A grin crossed Artemis’ lips as he looked upon the claw marks in the otherwise pristine wood on the surface of the desk. Though the marks had scarred it nearly two centuries ago they still stood out as fresh as the first day his anger got the better of him. “Guess I have a lot of work to do if I want to get this place back in shape to handle students.” Artemis crossed the office and grabbed the broom that sat like an ancient relic among this temple of learning.

With his Jacket hanging from the corner of the front door and sleeves rolled up, Artemis swept the dust out of the door and into the street. After a few hours of work Artemis leaned up against the broom admiring his work a small grin crossed his lips, “You do have some life in it after all don’t you, all you needed was some love.” He talked to the building as if it was sentient.
    Auryuu Spire
    Auryuu Spire

Dust on the Floor (Spire) Empty Re: Dust on the Floor (Spire)

Post by Auryuu Spire Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:55 pm

(Orange=Auryuu)
    (Green=Nixon)

Auryuu stepped from the shadows of a small building accompanied by a hooded short man. The sliding door slid behind them afterwards almost in a flash leaving them to the open enviroment. The strange man sported a large mask that covered half of his face and the other half was reserved for a large scar that covered the eye ball and down. The building they had just come from was a simple advertising company, but that was just a front for their usual dealings. This place had actually been another branch of Auryuu's army. Many superhumans waiting to be used against the Soul Society and also protect themselves from the growing amount of spiritually aware predators looking to kill them. It was also a good way to manage their powers were not abused.

"So you suspect him?"

Auryuu shot the man a questionable glare as they stood next to eachother with no signs of movement as the busy pedestrians passed with almost no acknowledgement of their existence. This strange aquaintance of Auryuu's was just another leader of his many outposts. This mans name was Nixon and he had the power of extremely heightened spiritual awareness that can track and produce pictures of who he is sensing. Auryuu imployed Nixon's skills as mostly a tool for helping him find more spiritually aware humans.

"Yes... of Course I'm sure!

Nixon snapped as he took his hand out of his tunic to reveal a black and white picture on what used to be a playing card. A image of a middle aged looking man appeared onto to the once blank card. No further details could be displayed with his vague ability which was the only downfall. Auryuu would never be able to suspect if they were troublesome or had great powers. Although Auryuu was a risky man. Auryuu snatched the card from Nixon quickly gripping it with his hand as he proceeded to turn his body.

"Thanks!"

Auryuu quickly walked away at a fast pace as he proceeded to cross the street. He quickly sensed the small spiritual power. It was minimal and the card would only last for so long. He would have to find him in a matter of hours. Only 2 hours if the card's image vanished it would be hopeless. Eventually he transitioned to a ast run as he kept moving full speed towards the bolder energy that kept growing more and more noticible as he no doubt got closer. Even though he was far away Auryuu began to sense a strong energy signature being emitted from this newly forged target.

I wonder if this man is strong?
    Artemis
    Artemis

Post by Artemis Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Water surged forward as Artemis sloshed more out of the bucket and on to the hard wood floor, to his eyes it seemed like a tsunami coming forth to wash away the years of grim and neglect. On his hands and knees he worked the brush methodically trying to bring the shine back to the floor of which he was so fond. “Ten years is an awfully long time to be without a student isn’t it?” Artemis spoke again as if the walls could hear him.

After the floor gleamed in the morning light Artemis started hauling the mats into place setting them in the center of the small dojo. My style of teaching may not be up to today’s safety standards, but it reaps greater rewards when my pupils understand what it means to have true self control. A slight tremor ran up the old dragon’s spine forcing him to stop and make his way to the door. Someone is coming and my gut tells me this won’t end well.

Artemis reached into his pocket and pulled out the badge of the lieutenant of the First Division, Sal said that someone might come for you, but if they want to be his second they will have to earn this badge. Crossing his arms he waited like a silent sentinel in the dojo’s entrance, I will not let them harm this place of learning.

Last edited by Artemis on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Auryuu Spire
    Auryuu Spire

Post by Auryuu Spire Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Auryuu sprinted until he reached a strange dojo. The card lit up more as he made his way closer to the dojo's entrance. Something stopped him for a second, as the card began to burn. He let go of it giving it a suprised look as he watched it fade to nothing more than ashes. This had never happened before.

Auryuu took a few slow steps closer as he drew his wooden katana. Light and agile in his hands. Auryuu could sense the concealed power beyond the door as it became more evident as he crept closer. Confidence slowly faded as he realized the extent of the man's energy becomming more skeptical about recruiting this man for his cause. Nontheless he had to try to gather up as many people as possible. So he pushed himself to take the extra few steps, placing his hand on the door, as he gently pushed it open.

"Hello?"

Still in his gigai, he hoped it didn't come to immediate confrontation. For if it did attacking would be postponed so he would have to defend himself first.
    Artemis
    Artemis

Post by Artemis Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:38 pm

The warm air of the day flooded into the small dojo as the door opened, a young man called out, but Artemis was standing at the door to his office “Come in and feel free to ditch the gigai.” His voice was cold and calculating as he quickly slipped the first division badge into his pocket. “What is it you are looking for soul reaper? It isn’t often I get your kind here unless they have come to try and make a name for themselves.” The dragon pushed away from the wall and made his way towards the front of the room.

OOC: Sorry it is short.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:26 pm